Travel & Transportation Information
Phoenix World Burn Congress Travel 2017
Let us make your visit to the Phoenix World Burn Congress 2017 an exceptional experience!
Click on the online form link below and tell us when and how you are coming to Phoenix WBC 2017 so our uniformed firefighter volunteers can greet you on arrival. In order for the fire service and volunteers to assist with your transportation needs, you must fill out the transportation form here. Even if you do not need assistance, please let us know, "I DO NOT NEED ASSISTANCE." This form needs to be completed by September 22, 2017.
Complimentary Shuttle Service
The Dallas Fire and Rescue Department and DFW Airport Department of Public Safety Fire Service and many others have volunteered their time to assist Phoenix Society and you. Uniformed firefighters will be easily recognizable.
The firefighters will assist with transportation service from Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW) and Dallas Love Field (DAL) to the Sheraton Dallas Hotel.
On Sunday, after Phoenix World Burn Congress has concluded, the uniformed firefighters will also shuttle you back.
TO the Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Tuesday, October 3, 2017
Shuttle service: 10 am – 9pm
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Shuttle service: 9 am - 9 pm
FROM the Sheraton Dallas Hotel
Sunday, October 8, 2017
Shuttle service: 4:30 am – 3pm
Other transportation options available to Dallas, TX are ...
If you travel to or from Dallas Love Field, here are several options you can explore:
- Airport Shuttle Services - The following shuttle services are provided:
- City Shuttle, LLC (888) 760-1998
- Super Shuttle (800) 258-3826
- Go Yellow Checker Shuttle (214) 841-1900
- Taxi Cab Service – Terminal 2 (all airlines). Taxi Cab service is provided on the lower level of the terminal. Sheraton Dallas Estimates Taxi Fare at $20-30 USD, plus tip.
- Public Transportation - The city’s public transportation is provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). For customer information, contact DART at (214) 979-1111. Visit DART’s website here. To get to the DART Bus stop at Dallas Love Field, follow the signs to the lower level for Ground Transportation. The Orange Line will take you to the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. The closest DART stop is just across the street from the hotel at Bryan and Pearl streets. A daily pass is $5 USD, a 2 hour pass is $2.50 USD.
If you travel to or from DFW International Airport, here are several options you can explore:
- Airport Shuttle Services - The following Shuttle services are authorized:
- City Shuttle, LLC (214) 760-1998
- Go Yellow Checker Shuttle (214) 841-1900
- SuperShuttle DFW, Inc. (972) 456-3128
- Taxi Cab Service -- Taxi service is available on the upper level of Terminals A, B, C and E, and on the lower level of Terminal D. An Airport Guest Assistant is available at taxi stands between 8:00 AM and midnight. After hours service can be scheduled by calling 972-973-4062. A downloadable list of taxi cabs servicing DFW can be found on their website. Sheraton Dallas Estimates Taxi Fare at $50-60 USD, plus tip.
- Public Transportation - The city’s public transportation is provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). For customer information, contact DART at (214) 979-1111. Visit DART’s website here. A daily pass is $5 USD, a 2-hour pass is $2.50 USD. Exit your Terminal and proceed to lower level A10. If you arrived at Terminal B, C, D or E, ride the Terminal Link Shuttle to Terminal A and proceed to the DFW Airport Station. The Orange Line will take you to the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. The closest DART stop is just across the street from the hotel at Bryan and Pearl streets.
SuperShuttle Dallas Discount
A discounted rate has been secured for those that will be flying in to Dallas Love Field or DFW International Airport and wish to use a SuperShuttle for transportation. Click here and fill out the appropriate information to make your reservation, including which airport you will be using and whether your trip is one-way or round-trip. Wheelchair accessible vans are available. Pricing is as follows:
- $14.00 per person/direction from DFW
- $12.00 per person/direction from Love Field
Flight Travel - Online Booking
The Phoenix Society is excited to provide our Phoenix WBC attendess with our Online Booking Tool to search for your flights and car rental.
This online tool makes arranging your airline travel and car rental needs easier by comparing all available rates based upon your travel preferences:
- Searches all available options through just one system - no more searching multiple websites, airlines, or discount sites
- Retrieves airfare based upon lowest available fare, schedules, or preferred airlines including Southwest, Jet Blue, and Air Tran
- Provides available discounted airline rates to our members.
Access this easy booking tool here and click "start fare session" in the "Member" section to get started
Directions and information ...
Airport - At the present time we have arranged to have signage at the airport baggage claim area.
Learn more about accessibility in Dallas, TX here.
Motorized Scooters & Motorized Wheelchairs
There are several locations that provide rental options:
AABCO-Ready Rental Sales & Repair
If you would like to inquire into rental mobility & other equipment to be delivered to the Sheraton Hotel or another area hotel for your convenience, you can Contact AABCO-Ready Rental Sales and Repair directly at 972-412-3500 or at http://www.readyrentalmedical.com for assistance. Please ask for Cindy Howell. ADVANCE RESERVATION IS RECOMMENDED TO GUARANTEE YOUR RENTAL