Phoenix UBelong Youth and Teens
Ages 7-17 years
This purposeful, therapeutic three-day program that runs simultaneous to adult programming is designed to meet the needs of youth and teens by providing an atmosphere for healing, self-expression, skill-building and peer support. Our theme this year is "Rising Up", where we will guide each participant on their unique path of self-advocacy, developing self-esteem, team building, and community participation.
Highlights for the Phoenix UBelong 2017 program include:
- Two program tracks: a youth track for ages 7-12, and a teen track for ages 13-17
- A focus on team building skills - our youth track will explore team building skills onsite with a special visiting group and our teen track will experience an offsite outing to Group Dynamix
- Our teen track (ages 13 - 17) will take an outing offsite to Peace Love Studios where they will explore themselves as individuals and how they fit into society.
- Starting our days with energetic and fun physical activities doing Zumba!
- Lots of small group time to build peer connections and practice social skills
- A focus on leadership, mentorship and service to others for our teen track participants
- Our two oldest teen groups receiving a mentor visit from the members of the young adult program
- Our 16/17 year olds being accompanied by the young adults to an open mic session
To register your child for this program, please complete the Phoenix World Burn Congress registration form and indicate your child will be participating in the 7-17 year old program. A parent or guardian must accompany your child and must also be registered to attend Phoenix World Burn Congress.
Note: UBelong Youth and Teen has limited capacity, therefore the program will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis only. Please register early. For additional information, please see the UBelong Youth and Teen registration policy.