Travel and Transportation
Let us make your visit to the Phoenix World Burn Congress 2018 an exceptional experience!
Complimentary Transportation Service
Kent and Ottawa County Fire Service, Buses by the Beach and many others have volunteered their time to assist Phoenix Society and you. Uniformed firefighters and Phoenix Society Volunteers will be easily recognizable at the airport and the hotel.
The firefighters and volunteers will assist with transportation service Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) to Amway Grand Plaza.
On Sunday, after Phoenix World Burn Congress has concluded, the uniformed firefighters and volunteers will assist to shuttle you back to the airport.
Please note that Transporation will be provided from the airport to the hotel ONLY on Wednesday, September 12th
TO the Amway Grand Plaza
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Shuttle service: 9 am - 9 pm
FROM the Amway Grand Plaza
Sunday, September 16, 2018
Shuttle service: 4:30 am – 3pm
Infants & Toddlers
Find out what to expect when traveling with a mobility aide here.
Other transportation options available at the airport:
- Taxi - Metro Cab (616-827-6500) offers traditional taxicab and luxury sedan service at the curbside. Taxi fare to downtown Grand Rapids is approximately $35 (U.S.). Luxury sedan service to downtown Grand Rapids is approximately $40 (U.S.). See the cab starter in the lobby adjacent to the taxi stand for a full schedule of pricing information.
- Public Transportation – The city’s public transportation service is called The Rapid. You can check out their website for more information: https://www.ridetherapid.org. The Rapid bus system includes a stop at GFIA on their route. Bus rides cost $1.75 with one transfer pass included. Route 17 serves the airport. Please call 616-776-1100 for more information.
Flight Travel Online Booking
The Phoenix Society is excited to provide our Phoenix WBC attendees with our Online Booking Tool to search for your flights and car rental.
This online tool makes arranging your airline travel and car rental needs easier by comparing all available rates based upon your travel preferences:
- Searches all available options through just one system - no more searching multiple websites, airlines, or discount sites
- Retrieves airfare based upon lowest available fare, schedules, or preferred airlines including Southwest, Jet Blue, and Air Tran
- Provides available discounted airline rates to our members.
Access this easy booking tool and click "start fare session" in the "Member" section to get started
Directions and Information at the Airport
We have arranged to have signage at the airport baggage claim area.
Motorized Scooters & Motorized Wheelchairs
If you are in need of renting motorized scooters and wheelchairs while in town, please contact Amigo Mobility Center. Visit the website www.amigomobilitycenter.com or call 616-361-7559 or 866-361-7559. There is a $45 delivery charge to the Amway Grand, which includes drop-off and pick-up. Motorized scooters are $35/day and manual wheelchairs are $20/day. Please contact them before August 31st to secure your equipment.