Need quick answers to your questions about Phoenix World Burn Congress? Find them here!
- I have never attended Phoenix World Burn Congress before. Do you have any helpful suggestions on how to maneuver through my first time?
- When is Phoenix World Burn Congress 2019?
- How do you make hotel reservations and what is the fee?
- What is the registration fee and what does it include?
- What is there to do in Anaheim, CA?
- How much does it cost to park at the hotel?
- Is there available parking in downtown Anaheim?
- Is there transportation between the hotel and airport?
- Who are the featured Speakers this year?
- What are the Pre-Congress workshops this year?
- Are you having any special sessions this year?
- What will the Phoenix UBelong Youth and Family Program over?
- What if I need funding help to get to Phoenix WBC?
- What do I need to pack? Is there a dress code?
- What is the weather going to be like in Grand Rapids?
- What types of special needs are you able to accommodate?
- How do I volunteer for Phoenix World Burn Congress?
- How do I rent medical equipment?
- How do I rent motorized scooters and wheelchairs?
- What is the best way to book my flight and/or rent a car?
I have never attended Phoenix World Burn Congress before. Do you have any helpful suggestions on how to maneuver through my first time?
This handout has a wealth of information for those who are first time attendees. Please read it thoroughly and if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to call us at 800-888-2876.
Phoenix WBC is October 2-5, 2019 in Anaheim, CA.
Remember that registration does not include your hotel accommodations at the Hilton Anaheim. At the Hilton Anaheim, we have negotiated a rate of $196 per night plus tax/fees. This rate includes complimentary wireless internet in your room as well as discounted Health Club Rate.
To make a reservation, follow the link below for the group rate ($196.00 per night plus taxes/fees). Do not go through the hotel's website. Hilton Anaheim Passkey
If you need to contact the hotel directly to book your reservation, please call: +1-877-776-4932. Identify yourself as a Phoenix World Burn Congress Attendee or use code WBC in order to secure the reduced rate.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please call the Hilton Anaheim at +1-714-750-4321.
Registration for Phoenix World Burn Congress will occur in three phases:
- Early bird registration: Now through 9/3
- Regular registration: 9/4 through 9/25
- On-site registration: Will occur upon your arrival at the Anaheim Convention Center and will be at the Regular Registration rate
For general conference attendance: Registration is $305 on or before September 3, 2019. Registration will be $415 on/after September 4, 2019. The registration fee includes: Kick Off meal and Closing Gala – additional food may be provided, details will be provided as they become available.
For those that wish to obtain Nursing Contact Hours: Registration will be $415. It will increase to $520 after September 3, 2019.
Unable to attend the conference in person?? Be a part of the Phoenix WBC Virtual Experience! You can live stream the conference to your home computer, smartphone, or tablet. Registration to attend the virtual experience is complimentaryfor those that do not wish to obtain Nursing Contact Hours. For those that are seeking Nursing Contact Hours, the fee is $40. Virtual Registration closes on Tuesday, October 1st.
Please note: Online registration closes Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 11:59 EDT.
Learn about Anaheim at visitanaheim.org. There is free time built into the Conference schedule this year: Saturday, 10/5 from 2:30 – 6:00 pm - Take the opportunity to explore Anaheim, connect with new and old friends, or rest and restore!
At the Hilton Anaheim, the following rates are available:
- Selfparking: $21.00 (Garage parking)
- Valet parking: $26.00 (Valet parking)
- Secured: Avilable
- Covered: Available
- In/Out Privileges: Available
*Garage is located behind the hotel, Height 6 ft 8"
There are several parking lots close to the Convention Center and Hilton Anaheim.
Complimentary Shuttle Service
Anaheim Fire & Rescue and many others have volunteered their time to assist you. Uniformed firefighters and Phoenix Society volunteers will be easily recognizable at the airport and the hotel to guide you toward the complimentary shuttle service.
We are only able to provide complimentary transportation to/from John Wayne, Orange County airport. Please seek alternative transportation if you are arriving at another location.
From John Wayne Airport, Orange County (Airport Code: SNA) to the Hilton Anaheim:
- Wednesday, October 2 | 9:00am – 9:00pm
From the Hilton Anaheim to John Wayne Airport, Orange County (SNA):
- Sunday, October 6 | 4:30 am – 3:00 pm
Please note that transportation will NOT be provided on Tuesday, October 1st.
Infants & Toddlers
If you are traveling with babies or children who require a car seat or booster seat, we ask that you are aware of California law regulating the use of car/booster seats in various types of vehicles. Please refer to this link for more information: California Child Safety Seats. We encourage you to make an educated choice regarding safety and remind you that you can choose transportation options which ensure safety belts for all ages and family members.
This Link provides more information about available transportation options to/from the Hilton Anaheim.
We have a great group of General Session speakers for this year's Phoenix World Burn Congress. Learn more about them and the topics they will be covering on our event page at Eventbrite.
There will be several Pre-Congress Workshops to choose from this year for an additional $40 fee (pre-registration is required). On Wednesday 10/2, learn about:
- 8:45 am–5:00 pm: Young Adult Workshop: Taking Chances, Enjoying the Ride
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: Body Image, Sexuality, and Intimacy After a Burn Injury
- 2:00 pm–5:00 pm:
- Facing the Future: Tools and STEPS to Social Confidence and Control
- Caregiver Self Care: Simple Strategies to use Every Day [Family Workshop]
- Exploring Land + Sea: Resources for Water Activity + Outdoor Recreation
- Presenting + Preserving Our Journey Toward the New Normal
Phoenix World Burn Congress boasts many breakout topics catering to attendees from all areas of the burn world. Topics range from Body Image, Sexuality and Intimacy, PTSD, Recreation, Advocacy, the role of Lasers and many others. Take a look at the 2019 Phoenix WBC Conference Schedule on our event page at Eventbrite.
Phoenix Society is excited to offer Phoenix UBelong Youth and Teen -- Families, teens, and kids together in Burn Recovery. Registration is open to burn survivors, siblings, and children of adult survivors, ages 7-17 years old. Read more about Phoenix UBelong. It is a one-of-a-kind program designed to positively inspire and support children and teens.
There are many ways to get assistance to attend Phoenix World Burn Congress 2019! Consider reaching out to your local burn center, foundation, or local fire service. Many of these organizations help burn survivors and their family members attend. Contact the Phoenix Society our call us at 800-888-2876 for other ideas and suggestions.
There is no special dress code for Phoenix World Burn Congress. Bring clothing that you are comfortable wearing and weather appropriate. We highly suggest checking the local weather a few days before arrival to help guide you with what to pack. We do recommend bringing a sweater/light jacket for indoors as some rooms will be cooler than others depending on the air conditioning controls.
Saturday evening's Closing Celebration does not have a dress code. Some attendees take the opportunity to dress up and others come in casual attire to the banquet. It is really about what makes you the most comfortable!
For the month of October, Anaheim averages a high of 84 degrees Fahrenheit and an average low of 60 degrees Fahrenheit. (Source: Weather Channel)
If you are interested in volunteering for this year's Phoenix World Burn Congress, please view the Volunteer Page which will provide volunteer opportunities and the Volunteer Application.
The Phoenix Society is excited to provide our Phoenix WBC attendees with an Online Booking Tool! This online tool makes arranging your airline travel and car rental needs easier by:
ATC is the Association's Official Travel Agency.
Searching all available options through just one system - no more searching multiple websites, airlines, or discount sites. This tool compares all available rates based upon your travel preferences.