Image Enhancement Program
Creative Make-Up Techniques for Burn Survivors
Using creative make-up techniques assists people with skin discoloration and scarring and supplements reconstructive surgery and rehabilitation. It is a non-invasive technique to increase self-esteem and ease community reentry for men and women, both young and old.
- Helps to create symmetry of facial features
- Evens out skin tones
- Creates features that may be missing such as lip lines or eyebrows
- Increased social acceptability
- Positive perception of self
- Increased self-confidence
Where to learn about creative make-up techniques:
- Phoenix Society's online learning course 'Creative Cosmetics'
- The Phoenix Society's World Burn Congress special sessions
- The Phoenix Society's referral line 1-800-888-2876 can help you find a trained professional and supplies
At Phoenix Society's World Burn Congress individual creative make-up sessions are available for burn survivors. The sessions are conducted by members of the Society of Plastic Surgical Skin Care Specialists and other qualified estheticians and nurses under the direction of Barbara Kammerer Quayle.
Before and After Photos