Welcome to the Phoenix Society forum. Please Login or Register

Forum

I Dont Know What To Do:(

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-10-07

PM

I am Chantel, and I’m 11 years old and I got burned. This summer I was running outside in the morning and it was HOT!!!! I felt sick and ended up puking and passing out, I had heat stroke and my liver and kidnese shut down and I was shipped to Salt Lake City and was placed in a coma. I woke up so scared and I kept holusonating. When I was moved to the burn place I was treated and out. I went back to school and was sooooo scared. I miss being able to go out without compressions. Its DEVISTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2015-02-27

PM

Hi Chantel,

I am so sorry to hear about your burn. That must have been a very scary experience for you to wake up in the hospital with burns.  I am so glad to hear you have been treated and are now back at home and in school.  It takes a lot of courage to go back to school after a burn injury and I am so proud of you for going back even though it was scary.  I know that must be hard and frustrating to have to wear the compressions still.  Hang in there with the compression - you won’t have to wear them forever!  I have a great book I think you will like that I want to send you called Sylvie’s Steps.  It’s about a girl going back to school after a burn injury.  Would you email me your address at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) so I can mail it to you?  We can also chat more over email about other help/support near where you live.

I look forward to hearing from you through email!

~Nicole

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-10-07

PM

Hi Nicole31 my Email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Did you get burned or are you working at phoenix society or are you just interested????
I already stared school but thanks anyway!:):)
You can still email it to me though.

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2015-02-27

PM

Hi Chantel!  Thanks for sending your email address - and I also just saw your email come through on mine, so I will reply more there too smile  I work for Phoenix Society but can help you meet other younger burn survivors that live near you too.  You are not alone and peer support can be so helpful in your healing!

~Nicole