Welcome to the Phoenix Society forum. Please Login or Register

Forum

Home    Forum Home    Support    Family & Friends    Thread

Reaching Out

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-10-27

PM

Hello…. We are looking to make a connection with another family who has a young burn survivor. Our granddaughter Mia is 3 and was burned in a hot oil kitchen accident 10 months ago. We have a wonderful support group we just started attending 2 months ago and I have done the live chat twice now. Both have been extremely helpful but we are still yearning for that family connection. We will be traveling to the Cincinnati Shriners Hospital for a surgery on May 18th. We are very excited about transferring her care over to them. We have soooo many questions and would just love to make a connection. Our Children’s Hospital told us when I asked them if we could get a support group started that support groups are a thing of the past!  I laughed; they handed me a paper with the phone # of the adult burn hospital in our area.  I reached out to them and they have been WONDERFUL.  I was doing the live chat tonight and someone suggested this forum; so thankful to them:) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  My sincerest regards- Julie

Rank

Joined 2014-09-18

PM

Hi Julie - this is RichC, one of the Moderators from the Burn Chat. Have you and Mia made the move to Shriners Cincinnati yet? I think your social worker there can help direct you to similar families that are experiencing the type of attention that Mia will be receiving…
Please stay in touch, or drop by the Burn Chat to say Hi and give us an update on Mia and the family.

Rich

Signature

RichC or RichardC
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-09-11

PM

I am new to this site and just happened upon it through looking for a support group. My daughter is now 2 years old and was burned when she was only one. She had a rough road to begin with and is now starting the process of fixing her scars. We are from Pennsylvania and are so lucky to live near a very good burn unit and recovery center. This is the first time I have reached out to find support. I have no idea what to expect for her future of this journey.

Signature

Brandy
Mother of a burn survivor!

Rank

Joined 2018-01-04

PM

Love this forum

Rank

Joined 2017-04-25

PM

This forum is so good

Rank

Joined 2017-04-25

PM

My daughter is 29. She pulled a hot cup of tea when she was 1year old. . She has bad scars. I feel so guilty, sad that there is no one to help her to make those scars presentable. She is and angry woman now trying to live with the horrible scars. As the mother it is so heartbreaking. She takes her anger on me.