It was an ordinary day, and what should have been an ordinary family event. The family was barbecuing at home when the propane tank exploded. As a result, Eddie Cardenas, who was 15 years old, suffered burns over 50% of his body and spent the next seven months in the hospital. For months the family’s routine was thrown off-balance. Eddie’s parents, Liz and Eduardo, spent their days at the Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno, CA, more than an hour away from their home. Finally, Eddie was released from the hospital. The family attended their first Phoenix Society’s World Burn Congress in 2013. There, they found a place among a community they didn’t know existed. We invite you to read how the power of peer support and the resources of Phoenix World Burn Congress brought support and healing to an entire family.
Page 1 of 1 pages