Ways to Stay Connected After Phoenix World Burn Congress
Phoenix World Burn Congress offers a unique and powerful opportunity for people to personally come together to experience support, increase their knowledge of burn recovery, and share inspiring stories. For many burn survivors, this is their first opportunity to connect with others on the journey of burn recovery. It can be a profound and life-changing experience. So naturally, it can be difficult to transition back to “normal” life after the conference. Some may even experience a “let down” after the conference.
Connections are a big part of the reason that Phoenix WBC is so powerful – so we want to be sure that everyone knows that the resources, support, and connection offered from the conference are available at Phoenix Society all year long.
Here are 6 ways to keep connected after Phoenix World Burn Congress:
- Participate in our Weekly Peer Support Live Chat - Get peer support online with our weekly moderated Weekly Live Chat. We host the Live Chat every Wednesday from 9:00 - 10:30 PM EST. You can also sign up for weekly email reminders.
- Join our NEW Parent Support Facilitated Chat. This chat session is hosted on the second Monday of each month from 9:00 – 10:30PM and is designed specifically for parents of kids and teens who are seeking support for their family and themselves.
- Check out the Online Forum - Everyone’s burn injury experience and recovery is different, but having peer support along the way is an important part of healing. The Phoenix Online Discussion Forum is a great way to get support and find answers to questions and issues that arise throughout the entire recovery process. Participate in our Online Discussion Forum to receive and share information within the burn survivor and the greater burn community. The Online Discussion Forum is available 24 hours a day.
- Connect with us on Social Media - A great way to feel connected is to follow us on social media. It’s a great way to stay connected to the greater burn community and find out about upcoming events, hear other burn survivor stories, and keep inspired on your journey. Facebook and Twitter.
- Get inspired by other Survivor Stories - Sometimes just knowing that someone else in a similar situation was able to overcome and thrive can be enough to get you through rough moments. We have compiled personal stories that might offer you the inspiration you need. You can also share your story to inspire others.
For additional resources and support to assist you on your burn recovery journey you may:
- Check out our online Resource Library. We offer an extensive collection of articles and resources contributed by industry experts. Here you will find stories, tools, and up-to-date information to help you with your search for answers on your burn recovery journey.